Total Pageviews

Monday 17 January 2011

Studio-X - Neo - Futurism(2011)

Studio-X started out as hard trance/dark nrg group and are starting to make waves in the EBM scene. Formed in Adelaide at the end of 2008, STUDIO-X rapidly became one of the most sought-after remixers in the electro-industrial scene: with a massive list of mixes made for some of the biggest names in underground electronic music today - including Grendel, Unter Null, SAM, XP8, Leather Strip and Nitzer Ebb. Now theyve finally released their début album. 


The first track on the album I have had for a while, at first I didn't think much of it but its addictive and I've decided I really like it. Its actually quite addictive. Famous for its Borat sample You'll Never Get This is a brilliant way to start this album and get you on your feet.
The rest of the album definitely carries on keeping you on your feet too. How ever having said that half way through I cant help but feel it falls a bit flat when it had started off so so well. Don't get me wrong there really really good at what they do but its not quite my thing. Who Said That is another brilliant track which uses quotes from the legendary Full Metal Jacket. Explosive, energetic also very good to dance to... Hard! No doubt my favourite track on this release(along with You'll Never Get This).


3.5*
Not normally my scene of music(trance/nrg) my opinions always going to be a little bias but I'd be willing to listen to more to see if they improved after hearing this. Its definitely worth listening and I would dance to it on at a club but I wouldn't listen to it sat at home however.


Tracklist:

  1. You'll Never Get This
  2. Break Free
  3. Decapitated
  4. Poison Ivy
  5. Who Said That
  6. Anti-Christ
  7. Search & Destroy
  8. Speed
  9. Kokoda
  10. The Drill
  11. Party Ft. Rachel Hayw
  12. Poison Ivy Dj-X Lab4 Remix
  13. The Drill Proteus 'Fire Walk With Me' Remix

2 comments:

  1. This is the best production I have heard. It has been impeccably mastered. Those who disagree obviously don't have a productive/musical ear for immaculate fabrication. Five Stars from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont get me wrong the sound is fine n everything its just not really my kind of music lol get too repetative for my liking, as far as genres go there brilliant in the trance/hardcore/nrg

    ReplyDelete