Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 February 2011

The Exposed - In The Face Of Resistance(2010)

We take a break in our usual broadcasting schedule of oontz and noise to venture into the punk/ska scene. A local band in fact formed by 4 young lads called The Exposed is formed by Tony Corrales (Vocals/Bass), Sim Williams (Guitar/Vocals), Dark Mevitt (Guitar/Vocals) and Owen Paulls(Drums). They have had successful tours including The Warped Tour and their own UK ones, played with bands such as The Bouncing Souls and their soon set to be going on tour again. Mid 2010 they released In The Face Of Resistance and are set to write and realese the next one.

The album kicks off with RCP, at the start we hear radio broadcast briefly then bursts into a song thats full of energy with a funky breakdown in the middle. This raw, energetic, fun feel is continued through the album. MY favourite tracks on it are Rebel City Rockers which gets stuck in my head so so easily! If I listen to it I find myself singin it for the rest of the day I love it. My other favourite is Passion & Pride, it reminds me a little of mad caddies in a totally good way. All the tracks between such as Where I Belong and Whirlwind are all very very well written all very catchy, fun and uplifting.

Undoubtedly 5*s
This album picks up pace through out it and gets better and better. I cant really fault it. Its extremely enjoyable, very very catchy and most definitely fun! With anthems that are garentee'd  to get stuck in your head its bands like this that are worth keeping an eye on the punk and ska scene. They've got a raw element to them like old school punk and ska which is refreshing when so many miss this element. These lads are definitely worth looking out for and if they play near you CHECK THEM OUT! This album has left me most certainly wanting to hear more.

Track list:

  1. RCP
  2. Long Time Coming
  3. Rebel City Rockers
  4. The Fire
  5. Dead End Stories
  6. College Park Rules
  7. Whirlwind
  8. Passion & Pride
  9. Living Dead (Not Yet Deceased)
  10. Believe Me
  11. Red Alert
  12. Soulless
  13. Away We Go
  14. Broadcast Revolution
  15. Where I Belong


No comments:

Post a Comment