Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Ivardensphere - Scatterface(2009)

I thought I'd check out this one on recommendation by a friend and seeing as I already had one track on my Ipod and didn't think it was too bad I thought 'Why not! What's the worst that could happen!'

IVardensphere’s goals are simple: the creation of music that will make you move. Judging by fans’ rabid reactions, it’s working in spades. With a fierce blend of dance floor punch, thick analogue sound and tribal influence, their music takes you over. Based in Edmonton, Canada, a hotbed of industrial activity, Scott Fox splits his time between teaching music engineering, writing for IVardensphere and DJing the notorious club nights SICK and Das OOntz. Soon after the completion of the first album, “Scatterface,” Scott enlisted the talents of Chris Lacroix to help bring the project to the next level: live performance.

Sentient wave form (the song I originally have on my Ipod) is danceable and has an array of synths sounds being introduced throughout the song. However unfortunately it does get repetitive... something that is seen throughout the album. Focusing on the good points how ever they do use different synths and each track has a different feel to it. for example Worm-tongue has a creepy dark kind of feel to it and would be all right for background kind of music, Virus is probably reminiscent of possibly every zombie film you've every seen but with a twist. Its a virus hence the name.

Unfortunately how ever after 4 tracks I got so bored I couldn't listen to any more. its good if you like sort of the more basic ebm or ebm more towards the trance/dance side but for me however i like things a bit more like a punch to the face of hard beats and lots of oontz oontz! Its worth a listen or maybe borrowing off a friend but I wouldnt buy it(and im glad I didnt).

2*

Track list:
  1. Sentient Wave Form
  2. Calibrating The God Machine
  3. Worm-tongue
  4. Virus
  5. Bonedance
  6. Nuke The Site Form Orbit
  7. Tesseract
  8. Jigsaw
  9. Diatribe
  10. Box Of Monsters
  11. ...A Message From Our Sponsors

No comments:

Post a Comment